Sunday, May 18, 2008

Aptitude Recent placement papers Questions Answers

Directions (Q. 1-5): In these questions @, #,$,▲,% are used with different meanings as follows:

'P@Q' means 'P is not greater than Q'.

'P#Q' means 'P is neither greater than nor smaller than Q'.

'P$Q' means 'P is not smaller than Q'.

'P▲Q' means 'P is neither smaller than nor equal to Q'.

'P%Q' means 'P is neither greater than nor equal to Q'.

In each of the following questions assuming the given statements to be true, find out which of the two conclusions I and II given below them is/are definitely true.

Give answer 1): if only conclusion I is true.

Give answer 2): if only conclusion II is true.

Give answer 3): if either conclusion I or conclusion II is true.

Give answer 4): if neither conclusion I nor conclusion II is true.

Give answer 5): if both conclusion I and II are true.

6. Statements: F$W,W#T,T▲K

Conclusions: I. F▲K

II. W$K

7. Statements: R@M,M%D,D$H

Conclusions: I. R@H

II. D▲R

8. Statements: J$L,L#B,B@E

Conclusions: I. E$L

II. E%L

9. Statements: A$V,V#R,R@U

Conclusions: I. U▲R

II. U#R

10. Statements: F%G,G@H,H▲J

Conclusions: I. F@H

II. G@J

Directions (Q.11-15): In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.

Give answer 1): if only assumption I is implicit.

Give answer 2): if only assumption II is implicit.

Give answer 3): if either assumption I or assumption II is implicit.

Give answer 4): if neither assumption I nor assumption II is implicit.

Give answer 5): if both the assumptions I and II are implicit.

11. Statement: "Enroll with us before 30th November to get the advantage of our 20% discount offer". -An advertisement by a coaching class

Assumptions:

I. Discount offer is bound to attract good students as well.

II. Even those students who cannot afford to pay the fees of coaching classes may join this class.

12. Statement: "Join our Yoga institute to keep yourself completely fit."—-An advertisement

Assumptions:

I. People may prefer exercise to medication.

II. There is an awareness to a great extent about Yoga exercises among people.

13. Statement: If you want to get a good job you must have at least the basic knowledge of computers.

Assumption:

I. All good jobs involve use of computers.

II. Computer knowledge has been made an essential criterion by most of the companies nowadays.

14. Statement: As a measure to avoid occurrence of the epidemics due to monsoon the civic authorities have organized free vaccination camps all over the city.

Assumptions:

I. There may be a good response to the camps organized by civic authorities.

II. people are generally aware about the need for vaccination.

15. Statements: In view of the large number of cases of suicides committed by the farmers in State X the State Government has decided to waive off the agriculture loans granted to the farmers.

Assumptions:

I. This may stop further cases of suicides committed by the farmers in State X.

II. This move of the Government may be welcomed by the public at large.

Answers

1. (4)
2. (2)
3. (2)
4. (5)
5. (5)
6. (5)
7. (2)
8. (4)
9. (5)
10. (4)
11. (2)
12. (5)
13. (3)
14. (5)
15. (5)

0 comments: